Where to picnic in Paris
Our selection of picnic spots in parks or on the banks of the Seine. And a map so you can find all the addresses.
Whether on the grass or with a view of the water, there are picnic spots for all tastes in Paris
Here is our selection so you can enjoy a relaxing time with your friends...
-The Champ-de-Mars: the unrestricted view of the Eiffel Tower and the elegant buildings surrounding it attract tourists and Parisians alike. It is an ideal place for the young and cosmopolitan to picnic. 2 Allée Adrienne Lecouvreur, 7th district. Metro: Ecole Militaire/RER: Champ-de-Mars.
Another great idea in the 7th district: the Avenue de Breteuil has lawns which are ideal for a picnic. Avenue de Breteuil (7th). Metro: Saint-François Xavier or Duroc.
- Buttes-Chaumont Park: the young, the trendy, tourists and families picnic side by side on the sloping lawns of the park until closing time. 1 Rue Botzaris, 19th district. Metro: Buttes-Chaumont, Botzaris.
- Parc de La Villette: film-lovers, music-lovers and families gather on the park’s huge lawns, attracted by the open-air music and cinema festivals and the children’s playgrounds. Perfect for large groups. 211 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 19th district, Metro: Porte de Pantin.
- Monceau Park: a former property of the Duke of Chartres, adorned with statues of famous artists and surrounded by town houses, this superb garden hosts chic, family picnics. 35 Boulevard Courcelles, 8th district. Metro: Monceau.
- Bercy: a large modern park which attracts families and film-lovers wanting to find a spot on the grass before they take in a film at the Cinémathèque Française film archives. 128 Quai de Bercy, 12th district. Metro: Bercy/Cour Saint-Emilion.
- André-Citroën: in surroundings which some find futurist and others very natural, the park welcomes picnickers who like to spread out on the lawns or take refuge in the nooks and alley-ways. The icing on the cake: you can climb onboard a hot air balloon and look down on the whole of Paris. 2 Rue Cauchy, 15th district. Metro: Javel/Balard.
- The Cité Universitaire: far from the hustle and bustle of the city, this is an island of protected greenery with an unrestricted view of architectural masterpieces. A feast for the eyes. 17 Boulevard Jourdan, 14th district. Metro: Cité Universitaire.
Our selection of the best spots on the quays
Along the Seine
There is no shortage of locations with unrestricted views of the capital’s bridges and the pleasure boats. Tango fans meet on the Quai St Bernard, between Sully and Austerlitz bridges. Lovers prefer the area around the Square du Vert-Galant, near the extremely romantic Pont-Neuf. The Pont des Arts, its backdrop highly appreciated by painters, is also an unmissable spot.
- The Ourcq canal
Petanque lovers like to meet on the Quai de Loire, near the Barourcq (at n°68), also very popular with young people and foreign students.
- The St Martin canal
Film-lovers who worship the cult of the French actress Arletty prefer to eat their picnic near the Hôtel du Nord (n° 102 Quai de Jemmapes), between the Rue de la Grange aux Belles and the Rue du Faubourg du Temple. The atmosphere is young and relaxed and less touristy than on the banks of the Seine.
A map of the best picnic spots
Afficher Où pique-niquer à Paris sur une carte plus grande